PINTEREST

FB PIXEL CODE

BRAIN SURGERY - AWAKE!

http://www.cafepress.com/miamoondesigns.1558986421
If you have been watching the news recently, you've probably heard that U.S. Senator, John McCain has been diagnosed with brain cancer.  He has a brain tumor called a Glioblastoma, which is the most aggressive type of brain tumor. It originates in the brain; it does not spread there from another part of the body. The cause is not known.
If you've read my blog previously or know me personally, you know that I am a brain tumor survivor. When I hear of a diagnosis like that of Senator McCain, it takes me back and reminds me of how blessed I am. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful every day for my health and my life but when you hear news like this, that can be rather devastating, it just makes you extra grateful. 
I am aware of just how lucky I was to have the outcome I did regarding my brain tumor, and for that I am forever grateful! I am especially grateful for the doctors who treated me and specifically, my neurosurgeon, Dr. Ricardo Komotar!

"Dr. Komotar is an internationally recognized leader in the field of brain tumors and performs nearly 700 procedures for these conditions each year using advanced cutting-edge surgical/radio-surgical techniques, making him one of the highest volume brain tumor surgeons in the world."  
Honestly, Dr. Komotar is not only a brilliant neurosurgeon, he genuinely cares about his patients and is passionate about what he is doing. I knew from the moment I met him that he was the guy for the job! He absolutely knows what he is talking about and is an expert in his field. There is an instant connection and good vibe when you meet him and you know right away, you are in good hands.  Hopefully, you will never have to go through any of this but in my experience, I could not have asked to be in better hands, or at least my brain anyway! LOL!
Below is a video of some amazing technology, where Dr. Komotar and his colleagues perform an awake craniotomy on a man diagnosed with a glioma. That is a general term used to describe any tumor that arises from the supportive (“gluey”) tissue of the brain. This tissue, called “glia,” helps to keep the neurons in place and functioning well.

(WARNING: If you have get queasy easily, do not watch video)
 Emmy-Nominated video on extracting a deadly brain tumor.

No matter what you have gone through in your life or are going through, remember to always have an attitude of gratitude!

Sources:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Stopping by the Mommy Warrior blog!
Visit on FB at: https://www.facebook.com/mommywarriorpage/