PINTEREST

FB PIXEL CODE

EMBRACE YOUR INNER GIRL



http://www.loveawake.com/
Today, I am excited because I have a guest post from Alicia Steel, a featured publisher of Loveawake.com dating site. She is a recognized expert on love, marriage, and relationships and she is amazing. I hope you learn more and enjoy the reading as much as we did!
 
Being a woman, even an alpha female, does not mean losing touch with your inner girl.
Being an Alpha Female is not about being a hard-ass. It’s not about being a coquette. It’s not about practicing misandry.
It’s about being a leader: among other women and among civilization as a whole.
It’s about being an example, by being honest and open and dependable and loyal and true.
I believe extremists among the feminist movement did some damage to feminine strength. I do not, however, believe it is permanent. When I started this blog, it was because I wanted to prove that even a strong, aggressive woman can be tender and funny and complex. That an Alpha Female can be more than the typical raging-feminist stereotype she stirs up.
I wanted to inspire other strong women to emerge as passionate, multi-faceted and loved.
My strong personality is the product of three very important factors:
1. A genetic heritage of strong-willed, independent women, including leaders of the suffrage movement in England.
2. An independent, bright, funny, confident mother.
3. Having my mother taken away from me, violently – by a man I was supposed to trust – as a very young child.

For so very long after her death, I thought that to be "girly," meant I was weak. Compassion meant vulnerability, which meant someone could do to me what that man had done to my mother. I grew a thick, hard shell that took years to tear down. It was taxing and incredibly scary, but it was worth it.

Compassion is what allows you to set your own ego aside to end a trivial argument. It allows you to sit in the quiet when someone just needs you to be there. It allows you to clean up things you once thought disgusting, the way Mother Theresa cleaned up the infected wounds of the poor.

Mother Theresa as a little girl
 
Compassion is the greatest strength a human being can have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Stopping by the Mommy Warrior blog!
Visit on FB at: https://www.facebook.com/mommywarriorpage/